Have late fees?
Help Tempe's less fortunate and your wallet by donating canned food items or bottled water to Tempe Public Library and eliminate your fines.
Tempe Public Library cares about its community. To help our neighbors as well as our patrons, we offer two events each year to provide food or water to Tempe residents in need: Food for Fines and Water for Fines. You bring in canned food or water to eliminate your fines.
Food For Fines: Nov. 10 - 30, 2019
How it works:
- One can of food = $1 off your fines.
- Only applicable to late fines.
- Materials recovery fees and bills for damaged or lost materials will not be waived.
- Up to $100 maximum.
- Only unexpired, undamaged canned food or plastic jar food items will be accepted.
Water for Fines: TBA Summer 2020
We are not currently accepting water for fines. Check back later for exact dates.
- We will still happily accept your donations. Donations will go to:
- Tempe Community Action Agency
- Tempe Community Centers