March 25, 2020
To ensure the Tempe Public Library is taking all precautions to ensure the safety of our residents and staff the following measures will take place effective immediately:
- The library and all buildings on the Community Services Campus remain closed to the public.
- You do not need to return your items. The outside book drop is currently closed.
- The library is extending due dates on all materials currently checked out.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and extend due dates accordingly.
- No additional late fees will accumulate on items during the library's closure.
- Expired library cards have been renewed until June 1.
- Items from the OverDrive online collection have been increased to 12 checkouts. This will return to 8 checkouts when the library reopens.
- Any held items will remain on the hold shelf waiting for you when we reopen. You will not lose your place in line. Placing new holds for items has been postponed until the library reopens.
- Donations will not be accepted until further notice.
For City of Tempe COVID-19 updates check here.