Love to Read?
Join a Tempe Public Library book club!
Find specific dates and details in our library event calendar.
Coffee, Tea, and Books
Contemporary Book Discussion
Meets the 3rd Monday of the Month (*unless otherwise noted)
Connections Café - 6:30–8 p.m.
- June 17 - Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- July 15 - Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Aug. 19 - Summer Hours at the Robbers Library by Sue Halpern
- Sept. 16 - Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Oct. 21 - The Wife by Meg Wolitzer
- Nov. 18 - People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
Reading Great Books Foundation material
Meets the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the Month
Connections Café - 6–8 p.m.
- June 12 - In Sight of the Lake Vintage Munro: (Vintage Books 2014) by Alice Munro
- June 26 - The Inheritance of Loss by Karin Desal
- July 10 - The New Master and Mistress by Harriet Jacobs; The Heaven Sent Leaf by Katy Lederer
- July 24 - Betting on Men by Joan Frank
- Aug. 14 - Economy by Henry David Thoreau
- Aug. 28 - The Power of Money and Bourgeois Society by Karl Marx
- Sept. 11 - The Gilded Six-bits by Zora Neale Hurston
- Sept. 25 - The House Breaker of Shady Hill by John Chever
- Oct. 9 - Selling in Minnesota by Barbara Ehrenreich
- Oct. 23 - Sex and the Mall by Paco Underhill
These selections are from Great Books Foundation publications and may be ordered at (800-222-5870) or on www.greatbooks.org.
Find books published by the Great Books Foundation in our catalog.
For die-hard mystery fans
Meets the 1st Saturday of the month
Connections Café - 10 a.m.–Noon
- June 1 - Celine by Peter Heller
- July 6 - American by Day by Derek B. Miller
- Aug. 3 - Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
- Sept. 7 - We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Oct. 5 - Airs Above the Ground by Mary Stewart
- Nov. 2 - The Dry by Jane Harper
- Dec. 7 - Christmas Themed Round Robin: Bring a favorite title to recommend.
Find more mystery novels in our catalog.