Love to Read?
Join a Tempe Public Library book club!
Find specific dates and details in our library event calendar.
Coffee, Tea, and Books
Contemporary Book Discussion
Meets the 3rd Monday of the Month (*unless otherwise noted)
Connections Café - 6:30–8 p.m.
- Jan. 28* - Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
- Feb. 25* - Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese
Reading Great Books Foundation material
Meets the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the Month
Connections Café - 6–8 p.m.
- Jan. 9 - The Sorrows of a Young Werther by Goethe (Penguin Classics: Translated by Michael Hulse)
- Jan. 23 - I Stand Here Ironing by Tillie Olsen
- Feb. 13 - Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich; What Work Is by Philip Levine
- Feb. 27 - Betting on Men by Joan Frank
These selections are from Great Books Foundation publications and may be ordered at (800-222-5870) or on www.greatbooks.org.
Find books published by the Great Books Foundation in our catalog.
For die-hard mystery fans
Meets the 1st Saturday of the month
Connections Café - 10 a.m.–Noon
- Feb. 2 - Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
Find more mystery novels in our catalog.
Nonfiction Read and Tell
For nonfiction lovers
Meets the 2nd Saturday of the month
Meeting Room B - 2–3 p.m.
- Jan. 12
- Feb. 9